In Due Time Childbirth if founded on the principle that with proper education, couples are better prepared for labor and birth and are better equipped to make informed decisions.
The class series involves 8 weeks of instruction, discussion, practice and activities regarding relevant issues of pregnancy, birth, and the postpartum period.
I teach techniques in which the birthing person and the support people play an active part. You will learn ways of increasing self-awareness and how to “tune in” to you body to deal with the stress of labor. How trust your body using breathing, movement, relaxation as well as pain control medications for comfort.
- Prenatal exercises that condition and tone the body in preparation for birth.
- Nutrition and its effect on the growing fetus.
- Gestation and how your baby is growing and how your body is changing.
- Stages of labor and how to work with your body to produce the most efficient labor.
- Medical interventions, information on epidurals and spinal injections, when to use them and how to avoid them if they are not wanted or needed.
- Cesarean sections and how to avoid an unnecessary one along with options should one be needed.
- Variations and complications in labor. How to make informed decisions in pregnancy and birth.
- Breastfeeding, bottle and formula feeding and newborn care.
- The postpartum period and how to be supported both physically and mentally.
In addition, because support is paramount to the birth process, time is spent learning different techniques. Knowing what to expect in pregnancy, labor, birth and the postpartum period is key to the parent’s wellbeing. We will also discuss doulas and bodywork (massage, chiropractic care, acupuncture…) for you and your baby.
In Due Time Childbirth Classes are thorough and personal. They are limited in size so as to provide time for each person’s questions, concerns and input.
I hope you will join me for my next series of classes. The complete listing of dates and times along with other helpful information can be found below. If you need more information, please feel free to contact me at (978) 473-6316 or email me at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Start date: Tuesday, March 14, 2023
Time: 7:00 – 9:00 pm
Inner Source Chiropractic and Cranial Sacral Wellness
138 Dodge St.
Beverly, Ma. 01915
Class Fee: $350.00. A $100.00 deposit is required to reserve your spot. The balance is due at first class.
Check with your insurance company to see if they will reimburse all or part of the fee. If finances are an issue, please let me know and I will do my best to accommodate you.
Class resources to buy or borrow before class. I do have a lending library with some of these in it.
Daily Essentials: Activities for Pregnancy Comfort & Easier Birth, by Gail Tully (This is a video that you can purchase. The DVD is $20 and the streaming one is $14.99. I highly recommend getting this. It has a yoga session on it that is terrific.) You can purchase this at www.spinningbabies.co
The Spinning Babies Parent Class is a great class that goes over the anatomy of the female pelvis and ways you and your coach can take care of yourself for a better pregnancy and birth. The download is $24.99. It can be purchased at www.spinningbabies.com.
* Natural Childbirth the Bradley Way, by Susan McCutcheon.
*Nurturing Touch at Birth by Paulina Perez
Ina May’s Guide to Childbirth, by Ina May Gaskin.
The Birth Partner – Revised 4th Edition: A Complete Guide to Childbirth for Dads, Doulas, and All Other Labor Companions, by Penny Simpkin
The Womanly Art of Breastfeeding, by La Leche League Int. 8th edition (I encourage you to buy this as it is a great reference book).
The Thinking Woman’s Guide to a Better Birth, by Henci Goer.
*Mind over Labor, by Carl Jones
* These are books that I highly recommend. They are in my lending library so you do not need to buy them.
In Due Time Childbirth